** This program does not require approval under the Private Career College Act, 2005 **
Transport Canada Minimum Requirements
17 years upon course completion
A category 1 or 3 aviation medical is required for the Private Pilot Licence.
Minimum 45 hours consisting of the following:
- 17 hours dual flight instruction including not less than 3 hours cross-country flight time and 5 hours of Instrument flight time
- 12 hours solo flight time including 5 hours cross-country flight time
Ground School – minimum 40 hours of classroom time covering the following subjects:
- Air Regulations
- Flight Instruments
- Aerodynamics and Theory of Flight
- Radio and Electronic Theory
- Airframes, Engines and Systems
- Flight Operations
- Licensing Requirements, etc.
- Human Factors
A ground school kit containing textbooks, charts and equipment and is available at the office.
Duration of the course is 15 weeks. Ground school classes are held once a week.
A 100 question, multiple choice Transport Canada exam must be written. You must obtain a minimum of 60% in the 4 mandatory subject areas of the exams
A flight test with a Pilot Examiner must be completed at the end of your flight training
Hours noted are minimums. Actual time will depend on individual student progress, frequency of flying and weather