Stratford Air Services Ltd.
Designated Learning Institution
International Student Application Process
- Complete attached student application and send by FAX (519-271-2473) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with attached documentation listed on application form. A $100.00 non-refundable fee (Visa or Mastercard) is required when the application is received by us.
- English Language Proficiency Test. Complete the IELTS test. Information is available on their website (www.ielts.org).
- Telephone interview.
- We shall review your application and upon acceptance we will provide you with an official letter of admissions. You must use this letter to start your study permit application process with the Government of Canada.
- Study permit (student visa). As an international student you need to obtain a Canadian Study Permit. Please refer to the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship website for information on applying for a Canadian Study Permit (www.cic.gc.ca). You must provide proof to the Canadian Embassy in your country that you have sufficient funds for the program. You shall be required to submit the acceptance letter with your Canadian Study Permit application form to the Canadian Embassy in your country.
- Medical. You require a Canadian Aviation Category 1 Medical prior to arriving in Canada. A medical should be completed prior to your application for the study permit. For a list of approved doctors in your country please visit the Transport Canada website (www.tc.gc.ca).
- We encourage international students to purchase medical insurance during your stay in Canada.
- Accommodations/Transportation. Stratford Air Services does not provide accommodations. We can provide assistance to you as you arrange living accommodations. There is no public transit to our flight training school. You shall be responsible for your own transportation to and from our school. Carpooling may be available.
Note: All living and travel expenses are the responsibility of the student. Stratford Air Services shall assist as much as posible to arrange for accommodation and transportation but shall not be responsible for any costs associated with accommodations, living and transportation expense during your study time in Canada.
Note: Obtaining a study permit may be a lengthy process. We recommend that you allow at least three months to have your study permit application processed.
Note: Applications will be refused if incomplete.